Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Here We Are: The Madsen's



Can't wait to see you all! I love Pine Valley, and it'll be fantastic to spend a few days there with my wonderful family. Excitement!

Matt, Zack, Dylan and I are living in Clovis, California, where we have been since Matt and I married 3 years ago. You should hear mine and Matt's little story sometime - it's really lovely and all mushy and fairy tale-y :o)

Matt is a high school spanish teacher and announcer extraordinaire for all sporting events. He is serving in our ward as a counselor in the Elders Quorum Presidency. He's a great dad and husband and I love him dearly. He's also REALLY good at Guitar Hero.

I am wearing several hats - I work part time for California State University in the Summer Arts divison, I teach private voice lessons, and I teach a choir class one day a week at a charter high school. Somewhere in there I seem to find time to be the ward Primary president...with 140 active kids in primary! Good times. Oh, and Matt and I are finalizing paperwork to adopt a baby. Yes, we are a little nuts, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Zachary is 10 years old. He has a killer sense of humor and is a real smarty. He'll be in a 5th-6th grade combo class next year and we are excited for him to have that challenge. He loves to play soccer and video games, and is an expert on all things Pokemon.

Dylan is almost 7 years old, and is a real lover of a kid. He cannot resist a good arm-tickle...he simply melts in your arms and his eyes get all droopy and tired. I love it, and I hope he never grows out of it. He loves to play all sports (especially basketball) and has a real competitive side to him - he likes to WIN! He would swim all day long if we let him.

Looking forward to seeing you all and staying up LATE catching up on all your lives! Much love to all!

No comments: